Sunday, April 22, 2018

CASology Challenge #296 - Parent


Hi there blog friends ~
I've been working on my DT projects for the past several days, but the doors are about to close on one of my favorite challenges, and I wanted to play along. This week's cue card at CASology is 'Parent', so I thought it was a great opportunity to create a Mother's Day card for my mom ~



I've been on the hunt for this retired PTI stamp set for ages and finally found someone who was selling some of her gently used stamp sets...I used a few Altenew inks gifted to me by a sweet friend for the vases and added some teeny-tiny enamel dots with Nuvo drops for the Orchid. 

Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies
Stamps: PTI - Gracious Vases; Clearly Besotted Stamps - Fresh Flowers (sentiment)
Inks: Memento - London Fog; Altenew - Sweet Leaf,  Coral Berry, Aqualicious
Misc: Nuvo Crystal Drops - Caribbean Ocean; Spectrum Noir - Clear Sparkle Pen; Lucy's Gems - Ice Cube Mix

13 comments:

Joyce said...

Such a lovely card, Barb. You have used one of my favorite stamp sets. I just love the delicate design, and how you stamped your sentiment in a soft grey, and right atop your images. Pinning this one to CASE. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I have this stamp set and never think to pull it out!! I think I need to start doing something like this!!! Beautiful card!

lostinpaper said...

So beautiful Barb, I can see why you 'had to have' it!

Karren said...

Beautiful and so perfectly CAS! The row of vases are just gorgeous and the colors you've used work beautifully. Great card, my friend!

Christine Alexander said...

Barb, this is certainly CAS perfection with a hit of style :) love it.

Loll said...

So pretty Barb! Gorgeous design and colours. Your mom is going to love this. xx

Betty said...

so classy, Barb - all the white space and soft colors are so pretty - funny thing my stamping friend here in england just gave me that stamp set (just the vases)-need to find some flowers that will work with them.

Quillish said...

This is so pretty and delicate, love it!

I Card Everyone said...

I love that you share stories with me about your mom, Barb. She will be very happy to receive this beauty from her very talented, wonderful, daughter - who happens to be very special, too! xx and extra hugs for Mom xx...
=]

Rachel Bergfeld said...

Those colors are gorgeous and I really love how you've overlapped them! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Dawn T said...

what a beautiful stamp Barb. The colours are so perfect for it.

Bobby said...

This is such a beautiful CAS design, Barb, and I'm not the only one who thinks so. Congrats on your win at CASology.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful design, Barb. The colors are lovely.