Saturday, October 10, 2015

Addicted to CAS Challenge #74 - Sparkle



Hi there blog friends ~ It's time for another challenge at Addicted to CAS. Our Hostess for this challenge is the super sweet and incredibly talented Sarah, who also chose the Code Word for us!  And, Happy Little Stampers is sponsoring this challenge with a $20.00 Gift Card to the store!

Let's get this party started ~ Here is my first card:

  

You might recognize this stamp set from PTI's 2015 Stamp-A-Faire...it is an exclusive set filled with pretty little flowers and lovely sentiments to go with the main images...so elegant. I tried to create an ombre effect on the dress with shadow ink and white pigment ink, but it's not reading well on my screen. Also, it's difficult to see all the sparkle on screen, but I added a few clear mini gemstones to the dress and a strip of glitter cardstock along the bottom angle...very sparkly in person :)

I apologize, but there is no link to this stamp set in the PTI store, so it is not included in the Inlinkz below. 

*****



For this card, I did some partial stenciling, then stamped the sentiment in gray and die cut the word in glitter cardstock. I added a few Rainstones from PTI and, that was it ~ crisp, clean and simple, just the way I like it :)

I hope I've inspired you to join us in this week's challenge...if so, head right on over to the Addicted to CAS Blog, and see what my teamies have created! 

Thanks so much for stopping by...and thank you for all of your sweet comments ~ I really appreciate it!
  




26 comments:

Dawn T said...

Both cards are really lovely Barb. Full of wonderful sparkle.

Sarah G said...

I so love that elegant lady, Barb - wish I could get my hands on PTI stamps! Both cards are full of gorgeous sparkly and your usual flair :)

Aileen said...

Love both of these cards Barb. I love that first stamp, its so elegant. I tried to get it but missed out. Think it works so well with just that splash of colour and the sparkly gems.

Betty said...

pretty, pretty cards Barb - love the design, subtle colors and glitter of your classy lady.

lostinpaper said...

Gorgeous cards Barb, love that glamorous girl and the angled panel is still one of my fave layouts, I used it again a couple of days ago and it always makes me happy!

Deepti said...

These are gorgeous especially the way you designed the glam girl, awesome choice of color to go with the sparkle :)

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful cards Barb, lots of lovely elegant details!

Bhavana said...

Gorgeous cards.. I just loved your first card :)

Cat Craig said...

Such pretty cards Barb, you certainly did sparke them up.

Nora Noll said...

Your cards are just beautiful!! I LOVE the glam girl in red and the whole design of that card. The second card is just adorable with fun way you stenciled. Great design!!

Kay Miller said...

Both of your cards are so classy and just stunning Barb! I especially love the one with the PIT lady on it! That is just gorgeous! Have a wonderful week my friend! ((Hugs))

Greta said...

Oh wow--LOVE your cards, especially the elegant, classy first one! I wanted the PTI stamp set just for the wonderful quotes, but didn't get it. Thanks for the inspiration, Barb!

Loll said...

Two fantastic cards Barb. Love the elegant dress with the sparkly gems --- so pretty. And love your stenciled second card with the glitter sentiment. xx

Anita in France said...

Your kindness card is so elegant and stylish, Barb ... so Audrey Hepburn in it's chicness! Love that shimmery die cut with the delicate stencilling ... deliciously sparkly! Hugs, Anita :)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Pure elegance Barb. Both cards are equally beautiful and simply brilliant. Love your takes on my codeword and certainly loving all the sparkle! Sarah x

Ramohth aka Cardiac aka Jill said...

Your first card has really grabbed my attention - so stylish and elegant - love the angled panel.

Rosemary said...

lovely set of cards, barb... I love the subtle sparkle on the first one! I was just looking at that PTI Fashion Sense stamp set and thinking that I needed to ink it up!

Doni High said...

Beautiful times two! On the first card, I was drawn to the strip of glitter along the bottom angle ....what a great added detail!

Bonnie said...

Two beautiful sparkling cards, Barb! Love that elegant lady with her flowing skirt! Great die on the 2nd!

Joyce said...

Your sparkly cards are both so very pretty. And, you remind me that I got that PTI set and completely forgot about it. Can you believe that? I'd better find it.

cm said...

Wow, Barb, a duo of eye-catching cards! The image in the first is so lovely; I want that dress in my wardrobe! And your sparkling "Sparkle" in the second...sooooo pretty!
Hugs~c

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

The first card is ideal! The whole layout made me look only at the girl. I really liked simple colour scheme you used, it looks so stylish (Dior?)
Pink stencilled pattern and silver sparkling sentiment is just a beautiful combination!

Dana M said...

Both cards are gorgeous Barb! I love the retro feel of the lady in the flowing dress. And the sparkle card is so pretty!

Shona Chambers said...

So much gorgeous sparkle! That stamp on your first card is so divine, it immediately reminds me of the 1950's, such a stylish era. Love all the sparkly gems you've used on your cards too, they make such a wonderful twinkle!!

Monika Reeck said...

If you ask me
I ADORE SOOO much the fist card
that lady is stunning on your card Barb
I have seen at Anita blog you did a gesture to her
I think yes in UK or in Germany PTI stamp is not so easy to get..
I must pay much shipping costs too
and you are lucky dear Barb
PTI is easy to get at your side LOL
I adore her so much and that LO wow one of my fav LO Barb
see you maybe soon on my Post ;)
big hugs
Monika

Jaydee said...

I love both cards, but the first is stunning. It reminds me of Audrey Hepburn! The sequins are beautifully placed, too.
jaydee