Sunday, August 6, 2017

CASology Challenge - 'Juicy'; CAS Watercolor August Challenge - 'Salt'

Hi there ~ I'm back to share 2 cards but before I do, I just want to thank you all for your sweet thoughts and lovely condolences since we had to say goodbye to our furry sidekick, Movado ~ You are all so kind!

***************************
First up is this week's CASology Challenge for the theme 'Juicy'! 


There's nothing like a bowl of sweet and juicy fruit...especially at this time of year! So, I started with stenciling the front panel with PTI's 'Sunburst' in 2 shades of yellow, then used SSS 'You're So Sweet' stamps and dies for the fruit and sentiment. A good coat of Glossy Accents on everything and this card was finished :)


********************************

 The theme for the August CAS Watercolor Challenge is 'Salt'. Loll and Bonnie provided several video tutorials for us, but I happened to have a video from Jen McGuire which I used for the galaxy background on this card:



It's difficult to see the effects of the salt (Sea Salt & Kosher Salt) on screen, but this background really sparkles in person! I also added a few teeny-tiny star gems which were part of a 'Happy Mail' package from my sweet friend Betty a few years ago :) I used Grout Gray for the card base and embossed it with PTI Linen/Canvas Impression Plate. The astronaut and sentiment are from MFT 'Space Explorer' set. 
Here is a close up of the card:




Have a wonderful week ahead...Thanks so much for stopping by,








21 comments:

Karren said...

Two gorgeous cards, Barb! The fruit looks delightful - and mouth-watering, especially as we're in the middle of winter here! And your little spaceman is adorable.

Betty said...

two wonderful cards, Barb - love your juicy fruits and the little astronaut is darling!

nancy littrell said...

Your salt background on your watercolored piece looks so pretty and was perfect for your astronaut cute little guy. TFS Barb and joining us at CAS Watercolour. Hugs

Anna Uhras said...

Mmm!! Yum!! Such a lovely juicy card Barb!! Love your take on the cue card!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CASology!!! Anna xo

Dawn T said...

Two great cards Barb.

Nora Noll said...

I am going to have to look at the video with the salt. Oh so cool background you made. I love your first card with the delicious fruit and the fun background. Great design on both of your cards. I was away so did not know about your furry friend passing away. I am so sorry. I cannot imagine what you are going through. Big hugs.

Cat Craig said...

Two awesome cards Barb. The fruit looks so lush and juicy with that shiny overlay. And your space guy has a fantastic backdrop, such a great melding of colors for your galaxy.

Joyce said...

First of all, I am so sorry for the loss of your furry friend. I haven't been a very good blog visitor lately, so I didn't know until today. Sending you big hugs. And, your card for CASology is absolutely fantastic. That fruit looks so luscious and juicy. Love the sunbeams behind, and that glistening strawberry. Your salt card is pretty cool. I will need to check out that technique one of these days.

Judy1223 said...

Barb, I'm sorry to hear your bad news about Movado, I'm keeping you in my good thoughts. I love both cards today, both CAS and sweet! The shiny, juicy fruit is perfect in front of the yellow sun rays! Love that lottle astronaut, too -- neat technique with the salt. Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Anita in France said...

Luscious fruit, Barb ... positively mouthwatering (and that's coming from someone who just finished a bowl full of charantais melon!) ... the shine is fantastic! Your little space guy against that fabulous starry background is adorable ... the salt technique is such a cool one! Thinking of you, my friend! Hugs, Anita :)

lostinpaper said...

Loving those shiny pieces of fruit Barb, as usual, your cards are perfect!

I Card Everyone said...

Juicy, and just so fresh, Barb!!! Delightfully colored, and I LOve that you gave them a glossing!
What can I say about your little astronaut, except for he's out of this world adorable! [now what did I do with that package of star brads - LOVE those little dickens!] xx
=]

Bonnie said...

Love that shiny, juicy fruit, Barb! And your galaxy background is perfect! I love the bright colors and the adorable astronaut! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Christine Alexander said...

two great cards, I do love the sky in the astronaut scene it's such a beautiful salty sky. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour :)

Deidre said...

Another awesome card Barb! Your fruit is yummy looking. Thanks for joining us again at CASology this week!

Hannelie said...

WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous Barb. Fresh, crisp and perfect for the cue!
Thank you so much for joining us at CASology !

Loll said...

Adorable card, Barb! Love that sweet Astronaut! And what a beautiful sky. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

Ros Crawford said...

Oh what wonderful cards! Loving your spaceman wth that background! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS Watercolour!

Tracey McNeely said...

Barb your fruit looks so yummy and juicy, especially with the GA top coat! Your background for Mission Control is so perfectly done and I know how frustrating it can be to get a good photo of sparkle!

Jen Mitchell said...

Two fabulous cards! I love the shiny fruit. :) And the spaceman card is so adorable. I can just imagine how sparkly it is in real life!

Bobby said...

Love the gloss on your juicy fruit, Barb, and that little astronaut is the cutest.