Thursday, November 22, 2018

Fusion Card Challenge - Christmas Chair

Hi there, blog friends ~
It's time for a new challenge at Fusion and our prompt is 'Christmas Chair'. As always, we can use the sketch, the inspiration photo, or both and for this challenge,  I was inspired by the photo to create my card.


I used a SSS die for the gifts, separating the ribbon and bows by using white glitter cardstock to add sparkle to the design, then added striped papers to the border as a nod to the seat cushion on that gorgeous chair. Here's a close-up of the sparkly bows:


 My teamies have created some gorgeous cards to inspire you...come on over to check them out, and if you like, feel free to play along :)

Thanks so much for stopping by...I really appreciate it! To my blog friends in the U.S., I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving! This is where you'll find me today ~









Supplies:
Stamps: MFT - Sweet Holiday Penguins (sentiment)
Dies: SSS - Brilliant Gifts
Misc: SSS - White Glitter Cardstock; MFT - Dots & Stripes Neutral Paper Pack


14 comments:

Loll said...

Sweet card Barb. Classic colour combination with red, white and black. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! xx

lostinpaper said...

Super duper fun take on the inspiration Barb, Happy Thanksgiving my friend!

I Card Everyone said...

Delicious... both the card, and that Thanksgiving spread! Cheers, my sweet friend! xx
=]

Christine Alexander said...

Love that pop of red with your presents. great card :)

Darnell said...

Aw, I feel the same way about you, Barb! I love your design! I hope your Thanksgiving was every bit as delicious as that photo suggests! Ours was! In fact, I'm surprised my fingers can reach over my belly to the keyboard!! ❤Hugs, Darnell

Dawn T said...

Happy Thanksgiving. What a gorgeous card.

Aileen said...

beautiful card Barb, this reminds me of the wonderful diecuts you sent me all those years ago when I admired this wonderful die. I look at my die collection now and I just shake my head, ohhh so many beautiful dies.

Your card is just perfect in red and white perfect CAS creation.

Nora Noll said...

This is darling!! I love the simple packages and the sentiment ROCKS!!! Totally fabulous use of the challenge!!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh my I love love love this! Those red packages are fabulous! Gorgeous!

Wanda Cullen said...

Barb, your take on the photo is genius and I love the clean design!

Anita in France said...

Crisp and clean, fun and festive, Barb ... and gorgeous ... love it! Hugs, Anita :)

Cat Craig said...

Super fun card Barb. Love the black and white strip.

Jen Mitchell said...

Such a great card! I love the bold red presents and the sparkly ribbon!

Karren said...

Oh this is such a great take on the challenge! The row of presents gives such a great look and the red really pops.