Saturday, February 15, 2020

CAS Stencil Card Challenge - Reminder


Hello friends!  Just a reminder that there is still time to link up your card for the February CAS Stencil Card Challenge. I am hosting this month and I’m challenging everyone to use ‘Foil’ with your stencils. As always, there are several links to techniques over at CAS Stencil Blog for your inspiration.


I started by blending distress inks to create the background, then adding transfer gel over my stencil and let it dry overnight. I used gold foil and ran it through my laminator to create the 'warp speed' pattern. I colored the little astronaut with Copic markers, popped him up on the center of the background and placed it behind the octagon frame. Lastly, I added a few tiny stars...Here is a close-up of the foiling:


There's lots of Design Team inspiration over at CAS Stencil Blog - as well as from our talented Guest Designer, Steph ~ And, don't forget there are also a few links to video tutorials. You have until the 24th to link up your card...I hope to see you there! 

Thanks so much for stopping by.






Supplies:
Stamps: MFT - Space Explorer
Dies: MFT - Space Explorer,  Linked Octagon Frames, Tag Builder Blueprints 6            (tiny stars)
Stencils: Altenew - Warp Speed
Misc: Deco Foil - Gold; Gel Pens - Black & White

17 comments:

Darnell said...

This is a fantastic design to use with that cute little astronaut, Barb! I'll bet that foil really schparkles in real life! I might have to put that octagon frame on my wish list!! Hugs, Darnell

Betty said...

love your little astronaut, Barb - such a cute card and that frame cut adds so much to the design!

Julia Aston said...

What a great stencil to use behind your astronaut Barb - it really gives the feeling of warp speed! and I love that wonderful frame die you used - what great lines on it! Thanks for this great challenge that allowed me to buy some new stuff (!!) and to learn a great new technique to use on our cards! xx

Dawn T said...

Simply gorgeous Barb.

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous stenciling, and image. wonderfully colored and laminated.

Anita in France said...

Warp speed came to mind as soon as I saw your card, Barb ... so I smiled on reading it in your post! Gorgeous glimmer and shine ... such a perfect space background for that cute little astronaut! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

Perfect, Will Robinson! lol
=]

Linda said...

This is sooo cute! Your foiling looks fab and I love the die cut frame xx

Christine Alexander said...

so cute, I love your warp speed stencil and that great die cut. Totally love this layout :)

Loll said...

So cute!! Love this little astronaut, Barb! Amazing sky with the "warp speed" of gold to get him flying through space quickly! So creative and fun! Great work with the foiling. I've had fun playing with foiling this month. xx

nancy littrell said...

What a clever and shiny foil background for your cute astronaut, Barb. I had so much fun with your foil challenge and found the videos very helpful. Thank you for hosting, my friend. Hugs..Nancy

lostinpaper said...

Perfect choice of background for this little astronaut sweetie!

TaeEun said...

Love everything you added to this card, Barb! The stencil and the gold foiling go perfectly with the little astronaut!

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card, wish my foiling turned out just as nice but your card is an inspiration too.xx

Mac Mable said...

Super adorable card and a fabulous way to use the foil with the stencil x.

Bonnie said...

The foiled background makes this little astronaut extra special, Barb!

Cathy said...

Such a brilliant design for that little astronaut! Love the foiled warp speed background and that octagon frame is perfect, Cathy x