Wednesday, June 17, 2020

June Twofer Card Challenge


I really enjoy playing along at the Twofer Card Challenge and I was so happy to see the prompt for June. I pulled out all of my stencils with circles and bubbles and settled on the MFT set with several sizes.


I started by watercoloring an A2 panel with distress inks and let it dry. To create the Bokeh effect, I used 4 sizes of circles with white ink. I finished with a bold sentiment and an antique frame.

For my 2nd card, I chose a monochromatic color palette in blue to create a background for my hummingbirds.


I colored the hummingbirds with Copic markers, stamped a sentiment, and added a stitched border.

Here is the photo of both cards for the Twofer Challenge Blog:


You have until the 24th if you would like to play along with the June Twofer Challenge...it's a great way to add to your stash! Here are the rules ~


Thanks so much for stopping by,







Supplies:
Card #1
Stamps: Altenew - Crafty Greetings
Dies: Penny Black - Antique Frame
Stencils: MFT - Basic Shapes - Circles
Misc: MFT - Sweet Tooth Ink; Tim Holtz - Distress Inks, Watercolor Cardstock; Pretty Pink Posh - Clear Sequins

Card #2
Stamps: MFT - Happy Hummingbirds
Dies: MFT - Happy Hummingbirds, A2 Stitched STAX
Stencils: MFT - Basic Shapes - Circles
Misc: Altenew - Inks


14 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This came out FANTASTIC!! I love the Bokeh one with the background watercolor. Never even thought to do a watercolor background with this technique. I also love the little birds. So sweet!!

I Card Everyone said...

I love your bokeh dots, Barb! I'm in love with these hummingbirds, in fact IRL they love to play in a gentle sprinkle from the hose, which is just what I see here - you've colored them beautifully!
=]

Bobby said...

You aced the totally different designs, Barb. Both cards are beautifully done.

lostinpaper said...

These both make me very happy Barb, I was thoroughly enjoying the first card and then scrolled to the second, WOW! Love it!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Stunning bokeh and beautifully coloured Hummingbirds!I love both of your cards!

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE both of your cards Barb! Your Bokeh card is so bright and cheery looking and I just love the effect of the white "bubbles" on top of all that beautiful color! And your humming bird card is perfection!! Love the small monochromatic bubble background...so soft and subtle but totally stands out too! And of course those little hummers are colored just beautifully! Lovely, lovely cards Barb!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Twofer Challenge this month!! :0)

Bonnie said...

Love the pretty colors of your bokeh background with the white circles, Barb! The hummingbirds are so pretty and I love the fun little blue circles in the background!

Virginia L. said...

Both cards are beautifully done! You are such a pro with the techniques! Hope you are having a good summer. Please stay safe and take good care!

Darnell said...

You are a magician when it comes to making bokeh circles, Barb! The inking on these circles is perfect against your beautiful pink and yellow/gold background! Love the bling, sediment, and awesome border! Of course, you know I'm aswoon over your hummer card! I don't think I've seen these new stylized images and I love them. You have colored them so well and given them a gorgeous monochrome blue circle background! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #28! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

LOVE both your cards Barb! I great way to do bokeh ... I have not tried that way and it just looks amazing. Love the bright yellow and pink in the background with your white circles. And your birds are so sweet with the circle background. Very creative and fun designs, my friend! xx

Dawn T said...

two fabulous cards Barb. Love the bubbles two ways!

Cat Craig said...

Barb that bokeh is fabulous, the white circles are great over the wc background. I too love the circles for your hummmers great depth. Thanks so much for playing along at Twofer Card Challenge #28.

Anita in France said...

What dreamy, soft and delicious bokeh stencilling over your watercolour background, Barb ... the flow-y sentiment is perfect with it! Such a sweet bubbly background you created for those tiny, delicate little hummers ... there's a lovely sense of whimsy about it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer ... it's always a joy to see you here! Hugs, Anita :)

Sue - said...

Fabulous cards. Love the bokeh effect and the humming birds are really cute.