Thursday, February 18, 2021

Twofer Card Challenge #35 - Balloons



Hi there ~ I finally carved out some time to create a card for the Twofer Card Challenge. Here are the rules:



Since the prompt for February is balloons I used a SSS stencil and started with a birthday card:


I took my inspiration from the rainbow for my color palette and thought it would be fun to use the camouflage technique for the die-cut sentiment. A few balloon strings and clear sequins, and that was it!

______________________________________________

I like to send encouragement cards to our 14-year-old granddaughter, so that was the theme for my 2nd card:


After I stenciled the balloon, I colored the elephant and butterflies with Copic markers, then stenciled the clouds and patch of grass using an oval die.

_________________________________________

This is the photo of both cards to post on the challenge blog:


The Twofer Challenge is open until February 24th, so there is still plenty of time to play along ~

Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies:
Card #1
Stamps: MFT - Bitty Bears (sentiment)
Dies: Winnie & Walter - Happy; MFT - Slanted Sentiments
Stencils: SSS - Balloons & Patterns
Misc: Tim Holtz - Distress Inks; Versamark; Hero Arts Detail White Embossing Powder; Pretty Pink Posh - Clear Sequins; Copic Markers and Multiliner Pen

Card #2
Stamps: MFT - Adorable Elephants
Dies: MFT - Adorable Elephants, Oval die
Stencils: SSS - Balloons & Patterns; MFT - Mini Cloud Edges
Misc: Tim Holtz - Picked Raspberry DOX ink, Twisted Citron DOX ink, Tumbled Glass; Memories Unicorn ink

11 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

love your rainbow camouflage birthday card, great technique. Your granddaughter will love the the encouragement card, it's adorable :)

lostinpaper said...

Gorgeous rainbow of balloons Barb... but it's that cute little elephant that has my heart today lol.

Dawn T said...

Two beautiful cards Barb.

Darnell said...

I can sure tell by your designs that you are a funster, Barb! I love your huge bouquet of rainbow balloons all lined up so we can enjoy each color and how you added extra awesome interest with the camel fladged sediment die! And your sweet card for your granddaughter just melted my heart! She will cherish it! That elephant holding his giant pink balloon looking up at the pretty little butterflies tells such a great story of dreaming big! I love the clouds and grounding you did, too! Thank you so much for playing in TCC #35! Keep well and warm! Hugs, Darnell

I Card Everyone said...

LOve the overlapping balloons, Barb... but it's the sweet little butterflies that caught my attention right away! How could they resist landing on her darling trunk? or on your sweet pink balloon, for that matter!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

I love all your bright balloons....especially that gorgeous lineup!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful bright rainbow balloons, Barb! Such a festive birthday card! Love the sweet elephant with the pink balloon and the sweet butterflies! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge!

Loll said...

Two fabulous balloon cards Barb! LOVE the rainbow colours with your hidden sentiment. The card is so pretty! And adorable scene you've created with your balloon and elephant. The cloudy sky is awesome. What a lovely encouragement card for your granddaughter!! xx

Happy Dance said...

Gorgeous and fun cards, Barb! Perfect rainbow of balloons, and the camouflaged 'happy' adds another layer of fun to your design. What a cool balloon card! Two of my granddaughters and I write back and forth to each other, especially during this pandemic. My son says the girls race to the mailbox looking for cards from grandma. I know your granddaughter will love this adorable card, and I am sure she'll treasure all the wonderful things you've said inside (...whatever they may be!). It's light, it's beautiful, it's just special. Great cards. Thank you so much for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Stay safe. Bev

Karren said...

Two gorgeous cards! I love the depth you've created with your balloons and that little elephant is adorable!

Anita in France said...

Oooh, such a gorgeous display of plump, vibrant balloons, Barb ... so clean and delicious with the camouflaged sentiment (one of my favourite techniques!) ... I can almost see them drifting in the birthday breeze! That little elephant with his oversized balloon is adorable ... and the tiny butterflies are so sweet flittering about in those soft, fluffy clouds! Your granddaughter will love it! Thanks so much for your always wonderful comments ... and for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)