Sunday, October 3, 2021

October CAS Christmas Card Challenge



Hi there, blog friends! It’s time for the October challenge at CAS Christmas. Our Hostess is Marsha and she has chosen ‘Gray & Red’ for our prompt. Our Guest Designer is Darnell.


I fell in love with this cute little Santa/Chimney die, but it was a real challenge to pair it with alphas that would work...this set turned out a bit wonky, but fun to have a tiny image with tall skinny alphas :) I also dry embossed a piece of stone gray cardstock as a background for the Santa...here's a close-up:



We hope you’ll stop by the Challenge Blog and check out all the beautiful Christmas cards by our DT and Guest Designer...The challenge ends on the 24th, so you have plenty of time to play along with us...It’s a great way to add some beautiful cards to your Christmas card stash! I hope to see you there ~




Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies:
Dies: Poppystamps - Santa/Chimney; MFT - Rectangle Peek-a-Boo Window; Waffle Flower - Cutaway Alphas
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Stamper's Select White; Altenew - Dark Gray; MFT - Stone Gray, Cherry Red 
Misc: The Greetery - Alpha Alignment Guide; Tim Holtz - Woodgrain embossing folder

27 comments:

Bobby said...

I think your stuck Santa is probably saying Oh, Oh, Oh instead, Barb. Whata fun image.

Colleen said...

Ha Ha...what Barb said!! But really this is very clever and a fun idea, I love this!

Colleen said...

I meant to say what Bobby said!!

Marcia Hill said...

Santa probably is saying "oh, oh, oh!', but either way, he is just too CUTE Barb, and I'm loving this CAS card!! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

I think you know I adore those skinny alphas so much! Barb, seriously this could NOT be any cuter!! CAS perfection!
=]

Pat said...

Such a fun CAS image within the Peek-a-Boo frame Barb, and the tall thin font for the sentiment works so well. x

Linda Callahan said...

Well this card just makes me smile! Cute as can be!

lostinpaper said...

Ha Ha Ha!!

Susan said...

Great card - love the humour of the Santa stuck in the chimney! Great use of the grey and red.

Jeanne H said...

Your card is so much fun. Made me smile too.

Darnell said...

What am amusing design, Barb! I love the cute feet sticking out of the fireplace paired with the long tall hos! Wait. What? Hugs, Darnell

Dawn T said...

so cute Barb.

Linby said...

What a wonderful and fun design.

Bonnie said...

What a cute little die cut, Barb! I love how you've framed it and those tall skinny letters!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This upside down Santa is to fun! Adorable card :)

Cindy C. said...

Hehehe this card is too cute!!

Trina P. said...

Love that Santa image, too!… enabler alert with another item to add to my wish list. 😉 This is absolutely adorable and CAS-tacular! It made me smile.

Loll said...

Sweet card, Barb! LOVE your chimney with Santa's feet poking out of the top. Looks great on the gray stone background. And cool font to pair with this. Awesome card, my friend! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

This Santa/chimney card made me smile, Barb! It's sooo cute! I think the tall and skinny sentiment was the perfect solution, and it looks like a big echo of Santa's voice in the chimney. :-)
The dry embossed grey background is a really nice touch!
Hideko xx

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun and fabulous CAS Christmas card and thank you for the smile x.

Cathy said...

Such a cute image Barb, I too am adding it to my wishlist! Love how you've used the embossing in the background and the tall alphas are perfect, this will bring a smile to whoever receives it! Cathy x

Christine Alexander said...

OMG your Santa stuck in the chimney is adorable and your sentiment style is perfect.
Sorry I haven't been around for the last couple of weeks, I just got back from a visit to see family in Wales. It was good to catch up with everyone after my mother passed away earlier this year ♥

Julia Aston said...

Oh goodness - what a super fun and cute little Santa feet going down the chimney! love this! So pretty in your stitched framing and with your tall slim letters! sometimes it takes forever to find just the right thing to use - making a simple card take a long time to get the way you want it to look! well done Barb! xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable stuck Santa, Barb, and I love the jumbo HO HO HO too - looks great!! Thanks for the inspiration at CAS Christmas!!

Karren said...

This wee Santa in the chimney is adorable and must have been a bit fiddly to put together such a small image! Wonderful card, Barb!

AlisonC said...

What a fun idea! Love this cute idea. x

Greta said...

Oh what an adorable card & perfect for the red & gray theme, Barb!