Saturday, September 25, 2021

Hey There, Pumpkin


Hello crafty friends! Today starts a new challenge at Addicted to CAS  ~ Fran is our Hostess, and she is challenging everyone to create a card using the Code Word ‘Autumn’. Our Guest Designer is Valerie ~


For this 5x7" card, I started by using the MFT Rectangle Mask Stencil and the Fall Friends stamp set. I colored the images with Copic markers, created the polka dots with my Uniball Signo pen, and the grass with MFT Oval Shadows die. My intention was to create a one-layer card, but I smudged the sentiment and didn't want to start over...will I ever learn to stamp it first? Also, the pumpkin looks very dark on my screen...not so in person...sorry about that ~

We would love to see how the code word ‘Autumn’ inspires you! If you would like to see inspiration from the Design Team and play along with us, come on over and check out the ATCAS Blog ~


Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies:
Stamps: MFT - Fall Friends, Autumn Greetings
Dies: MFT - Oval Shadows
Stencils: MFT - Rectangle Mask
Misc: Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass, Oxide Ink - Mowed Lawn

9 comments:

Dawn T said...

Very cute Barb. Lovley card.

I Card Everyone said...

Barb, your Copic skills astound, and delight me! OH do I love your little pumpkin's outfit -and it's blue! Don't you worry about the color of your pumpkin. They come in so many more colors than orange these days!

Loll said...

So totally adorable Barb! LOVE this sweet girl sitting on the pumpkin. And I love your design with the masked sponging of sky blue at the top. Your angled edges sentiment banner is just perfect. I'd say that was a happy accident smudge. :) xx

lostinpaper said...

And snap! The perfect sentiment for your sweet CAS design Barb!

Bobby said...

Sorry about the smudge but the popped up sentiment doesn't distract from that darling girl perched on a pumpkin with a lovely blue ski behind. So cute, Barb.

Bonnie said...

This is adorable, Barb! Love the image and the colors and especially her polka-dot cap!

Trina P. said...

Another adorable card. Beautiful colouring and ink blending. Love how you stretched the oval shadow die to create the grassy patch.

Fran Wing said...

Barb, your blending is terrific! I really like this take on Autumn and your coloring is great. I know all about images that show up in photos as darker than they really are! Anyway, very nice card! xoxo Fran

Karren said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Barb! Your colouring is fabulous and the masked area really draws the eye into this adorable BB image.