Monday, November 15, 2021

Christmas Critters



Hi there, crafty friends ~ Just a reminder that there is still time to link up your card for the November CAS Christmas Card Challenge. I’m hosting this month and I chose ‘Christmas Critters’ for our prompt.
                                                                                                                      

I thought it would be fun to use this new penguin set from MFT for my critter and create a monochromatic color palette with pink accents and a pale pink sky. I used a white gel pen for the snow and Flower Soft and a little pom-pom for the hat. I have a few young teens on my holiday list, and I think this card will work well for one of them. Here is a close-up of all the sparkle and texture on the hat ~ 


My teamies have created some fabulous cards to inspire everyone ~ Come on over to the challenge blog to check them out, and play along with us, if you like! You have until the 24th to submit your card! I hope to see you there ~


I am also adding this card to Darnell's November NBUS Challenge...I love that she encourages us to use what we buy...Thanks, Darnell!


and...Happy Little Stampers November Christmas Challenge ~ Anything Goes: Optional Make a Scene



Thanks so much for stopping by,



                                                                                                                                              

Supplies:
Stamps: MFT - It's Penguinning to look a lot like Christmas
Dies: MFT - It's Penguinning to look a lot like Christmas
Misc: Tim Holtz - Spun Sugar DOX; Copic markers; Glaze - White Gel Pen; Flower Soft; Darice - Pom Pom



19 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Too too cute Barb!

Christine Alexander said...

he's super cute Barb and love the non traditional pink ♥

I Card Everyone said...

I've yet to order that Flower Soft - now why is that?? It's delightful every time you use it!
Love your darling critter, and this lovely pink sky!
=]

Julia Aston said...

Oh how sweet is this Barb! LOVE the pink sky and the candy cane sled - what fun stamps! xx

Bonnie said...

This is ADORABLE, Barb! Love the sweet penguin on his sled! His fluffy hat is fun and fantastic and I love the pink sky! A great challenge and wonderful inspiration!

Linda Callahan said...

This is as sweet as can be…..loving the candy cane sled!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Your penguin is so cute with his pink cheek and fluffy hat, Barb! Love the non-traditional color for this adorable CAS Christmas card! Thanks so much for hosting this fun challenge this month!
Hideko xx

Susan said...

Oh my goodness - a penguin tobogganing on a candy cane - that is so cute. Love the snowy pink sky!

Dawn T said...

way too cute Barb. Love this one.

Loll said...

This is such an adorable card, Barb! My heart melted when I saw this sweet penguin sledding down the hill ... all in pink! Love it! Thanks for hosting this really fun challenge, my friend! xx

Cat Craig said...

Such a cute card, Barb. Something about those Christmas penguins.

Marcia Hill said...

This card is absolutely, flippin' AWESOME Barb!! I love your pink background and of course the sweet little penguin riding on the candy cane sled! And obviously the sentiment too! This was such a FUN challenge this month and a great way to end out the year! It's been a pleasure to work with you on the CAS team this year and I wish you and your family a very merry and blessed Christmas!! Hugs. :0)

Bobby said...

Darling, Barb. I love the pink sky and the flower soft and pom pom are such a great idea. I need some.

Colleen said...

I see so many amazing cards with pink backgrounds and even going into a little purple, don't know why I don't think of that or use it because it is so striking and beautiful. I love your card and enjoyed using my critters for Christmas! Thank you for a fabulous challenge!

Darnell said...

I just finished my critter card today - now I just need to post it. I love the prompt you chose, Barb, and I think your card just rocks in every single way! The sediment is awesome! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs, Darnell

Trina P. said...

Aww… this is so sweet and pretty (in pink)! Love all the extra details from the pom-pom to the flower soft. This set is on my wish list.

Trina P. said...

Me again… wanted to wish you a happy thanksgiving. 🦃

Brenda in IN said...

A delightful card with the sweet penguin. Everyone should have a chance to fly down a hill on a candy cane sled. What a fun challenge this is and such cute cards from everyone.

Karren said...

I absolutely adore this! Everything from the pink sky to the flower soft on the penguin is amazing! Sorry it's taken me so very long to visit - I don't know where time goes!