Thursday, September 3, 2020

CAS Christmas September Challenge



Hi there, blog friends! It’s time for the September challenge at CAS Christmas. Our Hostess is Colleen and she has chosen ‘Christmas Tree’ for our prompt. Our Guest Designer is Steph from My Paper Corner 


This lovely Christmas Tree stencil was a gift from my dear friend, Loll...I think she must have known that I would love the swirls in the design. Thanks, Loll! I used DOX inks and blended Squeezed Lemonade with Fossilized Amber to create gold for the star. Once dry, I added sparkle with Glimmer Paste...and that was it!

We hope you’ll stop by the Challenge Blog and check out all the beautiful Christmas cards by our DT and Guest Designer...the challenge ends on the 24th, so you have plenty of time to play along with us.....It's a great way to get started on your Christmas cards! 


I hope everyone is doing well ~ Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Ornamental Style
Stencils: ARTplorations - Christmas Trees
Misc: Distress Oxide Inks; Nuvo Glimmer Paste - Moonstone

18 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful stenciled tree, Barb - just love all the sparkle!!

Karren said...

I just love the swirls in this tree - such a gorgeous stencil! And a beautiful, sparkly card!

Julia Aston said...

This is such a fun stencil Barb - I have it too and must use it more! I love how you've made it all sparkly!

lostinpaper said...

It's almost like an ice cream Christmas tree lol. I love your glittery version!

Loll said...

This is so gorgeous with the sparkle over top of your tree Barb! I do love this tree stencil and have it too. :) xx

Cat Craig said...

Sparkle certainly adds to the festiveness of this sweet tree.

I Card Everyone said...

Sensationally sparkly, swirly tree, Barb!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

CAS and oh so pretty Barb! LOVE the swirly design of the stencil and ALL that sparkle...lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Colleen said...

I too love all the swirls of this tree, you really made it shine and be extra special! Thanks for a great inspirational card!

Dawn T said...

What a stunner Barb. Love how the glimmer shines through the Oxide colours. So soft and pretty.

Bonnie said...

I love this sparkly, stenciled tree, Barb! What a beautiful color! A fantastic Christmas card, my friend!

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is such a beautiful CAS Christmas tree card, Barb! The sparkle and the tree colors are so pretty!
Hideko xx

Linda said...

Barb, love your fun little swirly, sparkly tree. Lovely card.

Cathy said...

Great stencilling Barb, and I love the colours and all the sparkle, looks so tactile and pretty, Cathy x

Christine Alexander said...

Wow Barb I love all that sparkle happening in your stencilled tree :)

Mac Mable said...

Love The contemporary tree and loving the bling too x.

Trina P. said...

Fabulous stencil, especially as a gift! Wonderful card created with it. Beautiful ink blending. Love the added sparkle.

Anita in France said...

So fresh and sparkly, Barb ... this is gorgeous ... the swirliness makes it seem as though it's gently turning in the breeze! Hugs, Anita :)