Sunday, September 27, 2020

Enjoy the Adventure


Hi there ~
I haven't played along with CASology in quite a while, and since my mojo has taken flight, I thought it would be fun to kickstart my creativity with their latest prompt ~ Vacation! 

I wouldn't mind spending time on a sailboat like this one, especially after the crazy year we've all had.


I started by stamping the waves in two shades of aqua, then die cut the (new to me) sailboat. I embossed the sentiment in gold to match the sails, but I think the flash on my camera is making it difficult to see. I also stamped the seagulls with navy ink to match the boat and card base...and that was it!

Since the sailboat is new, I am also entering this card in Darnell's NBUS Challenge #18.



I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy! Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Ahoy
Dies: Papertrey Ink - Ahoy; Simply Graphic - Sailboat
Misc: MFT - Gold Foil Cardstock; Simon Says Stamp - Ultra Fine Gold Embossing Powder

12 comments:

Jasleen Kaur said...

Brilliant card, Barb! Adding that gold is a great idea.

lostinpaper said...

Yes, I do think that many people did take off on their boats... I know I felt like it at times lol. Love your fab CAS scene Barb!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful card Barb. I love the gold embossing and the gold sails. The two toned waves are a perfect touch as well. I think your mojo is back.

I Card Everyone said...

As much as I LOve your idea of an adventure, you'll not find me on any sailing vessel, Barb! I sure could use a vacation, though!
I'm not having any trouble seeing all this wonderful gold, my friend! A very serene, and beautiful scene!
=]

Bonnie said...

Oh, wouldn't it be wonderful to go on vacation at the beach! I would love to be sailing in this beautiful boat!

Trina P. said...

Wonderful card! I wish I didn’t get seasick because your cute little sailing scene looks so relaxing and inviting. You’ve captured the gold beautifully in the photos, too.

Karren said...

The touches of gold really take this card to the next level! Totally gorgeous!

Darnell said...

I've been wondering where you've been, Barb, and now I understand that your mojo has been on vacation. Hey, if he is on vacation in an ocean like this aboard a golden-sailed boat, who can blame him??! Take care, my friend! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Deepti Stephens said...

Wow! This is so very beautiful. Thank you so much for playing along with CASology this week. Good Luck! :)

Bobby said...

Looks like an idyllic vacation to me, Barb. I love the gold sails.

Loll said...

Your vacation card looks so peaceful and beautiful. What a wonderful place to be to relax (as long as you don't get sea sick like me!). :) Love the touches of gold Barb. xx

Anita in France said...

Yep, what fun it'd be to be on a sailboat like this, Barb ... it's serene and dreamy ... and you dressed it up beautifully with the gold sails ... fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)