Saturday, June 5, 2021

Enjoy The Adventure


Hi there, blog friends! Today starts a new challenge at Addicted to CAS  ~ Ceal is our Hostess, and she is challenging everyone to create a card using the Code Word ‘Beach’.


This cute little sailboat is from Simply Graphic, which is a company in France with reasonable prices and shipping fees...gotta love that! I started by stenciling the waves and clouds, then stacked the navy saiboat x3 to add dimension. I used a NBUS stitched circle die to frame the scene and Navy ink for the sentiment. Lastly, I used clear embossing powder for the fish to create a tone-on-tone effect. 

We would love to see how the code word ‘Beach’ inspires you! If you would like to see inspiration from the Design Team, and play along with us, come on over and check out the ATCAS Blog  ~

Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies:
Stamps: MFT - Mermazing; PTI - Ahoy (sentiment)
Dies: Simply Graphic - Sailboat; Penny Black - Stitched Circles
Stencils: MFT - Watercolor Wash, Mini Cloud Edges
Misc: Ranger Superfine Detail Clear Embossing Ink; Tim Holtz - Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, Blueprint Sketch, Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Inks

11 comments:

Dawn T said...

So cute Barb. Awesome card.

Cat Craig said...

Oh I so love this sweet card, Barb!

Bobby said...

I'd love to be out there on that sailboat, Barb. Great card!

I Card Everyone said...

Barb you have created the most wonderful scene - reminds me of a very sad, favorite movie: Time in a Bottle.
Fabulous stamping, darling porthole die, and WOW is that sailboat phenomenal!
You rocked the beach theme!
=]

Bonnie said...

Love the feeling of movement with the waves and that awesome sailboat! Perfect set into this circle aperture!

Loll said...

LOVE looking through the porthole out to the ocean. Beautifully done Barb. And your little sailboat is adorable. Will be checking out that company in France! :) xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fun. I love the shading [for darker water] and the fun shadowing fish swimming too :)

Nancy said...

I love this!! Makes me wish I was out on the water (but I am landlocked)

Fran Wing said...

Hey, Barb! I really love this card! Your stenciling technique is wonderful and the clear-embossed fishes are inspirational. xoxo Fran

Linda Callahan said...

I love your sailing scene.....but I only look at sailboats - never sail on them! Yep I get seasick in a heartbeat!

Nora Noll said...

WOW!! I LOVE that boat and that it is Simply Graphic. I have wanted to buy from them but was not sure how much shipping would be. Your card is delightful!