Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy Hummingbirds

Hi there, blog friends! I've been taking a break from blogging and I thought it would be fun to start off the new year by playing along with the challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches.


I needed an anniversary card for my stepson and daughter-in-law and thought these sweet hummingbirds were perfect. I used a cloud stencil for the background and colored the birds with Copic markers. The sentiment was embossed with gold EP and I added a strip of gold foil along each side of the panel...and that was it :)

I just want to take a moment to thank everyone for visiting my blog and for those of you who leave a comment for me...I read and appreciate every one of them...Thank you! 
I also want to wish you all a very happy and healthy new year! 2020 has been challenging for all with the Covid - 19 virus and a very intense presidential election here in the U.S. As we turn the page on our calendars to 2021, I hope things will settle down ~


Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies:
Stamps: MFT - Happy Hummingbirds
Dies: MFT - Happy Hummingbirds
Stencils: MFT - Mini Clouds
Misc: MFT - Gold Foil cardstock; Copic markers

8 comments:

Dawn T said...

what a lovely card Barb. Perfect for an anniversary.

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful barb, your little humming birds are adorable. I keep seeing them in my neighbourhood :)
Thank you for the beautiful Christmas card, mine was a little late in the mail :) I hope it arrives soon XX

Karren said...

Beautiful card, Barb, and so perfect for the occasion. I'm glad to see your beautiful work in blogland again and wish you every happiness for 2021. Hugs, my friend, and thank you for your support.

Bonnie said...

These sweet hummers are perfect for an anniversary card, Barb! Love the stenciled clouds and how well the gold sets off those bright colors! Happy New Year!

I Card Everyone said...

Who wouldn't love to welcome these two darling little hummingbirds into their celebration? Beautifully colored, Barb!
Happy New Year!
=]

Kim S said...

Such beautiful hummingbirds! I love just the hint of clouds behind them. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches. Happy 2021!!

lostinpaper said...

Sending big Happy New Year Hugs your way too Barb! Love your bright cheery anniversary card, it's perfect!

Betty said...

lovely card, Barb - your rainbow hummingbirds are delightful with the gold accents!