Friday, January 15, 2021

Peace, Love & Joy


Hello friends ~ Just a reminder that there is still time to link up your card for the January CAS Christmas Card Challenge. Julia is hosting this month and she has chosen ‘Silhouette’ for our prompt.


I started by blending distress inks to create a sunset, then I stamped the image using Versafine Onyx Black ink for a strong silhouette. I used gold embossing powder for the sentiment and a stitched die for the border.

My teamies have created some beautiful cards to inspire everyone ~ Come on over to the challenge blog to check them out, and play along with us, if you like! You have until the 24th to submit your card!

Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies:
Stamps: Lavinia Stamps - Three Kings; Wplus9 - Iconic Christmas (sentiment)
Dies: Pinkfresh Studio - Stitched Rectangles
Misc: Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed; Versafine Onyx Black; SSS - Super Ultra Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder

17 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Wonderful classic and elegant design!

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous colors to place your silhouetted wise men on, Barb! I'm in awe of your ink blending!

Colleen said...

Wow Barb, I love your sunset colors, so vibrant and beautiful! I can imagine the three wise men just like your card depicts!

Christine Alexander said...

Wow Barb, those colours are amazing, I can feel the heat rise off the sand :)

Robyn Oliver said...

A lovely CAS silhouette card Barb, beautifully blended background, Robyn

Dawn T said...

Totally beautiful Barb. Love this one

Loll said...

GORGEOUS blending of your sunset sky Barb!! Love the beautiful silhouette image. xx

Julia Aston said...

I just purchased this lovely stamp and almost used it this month! Love your bright sky behind the wise men and your beautiful sentiment Barb! xx

Cat Craig said...

beautifully inked.

Marcia Hill said...

Oh do I like this Barb...absolutely GORGEOUS!! Your evening sky is so pretty and the silhouette totally pops against it! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

lostinpaper said...

Absolutely stunning Barb, these colours blended so perfectly together! I want to say a big thank you for my beautiful card that arrived this week, you are the sweetest my friend!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Gorgeous ink-blended sunset scene, Barb! The 3 wise men’s silhouette looks awesome against the fabulous sunset. I could feel the heat of the desert!
Hideko xx

I Card Everyone said...

What a glorious scene, Barb! I'm quite sure I've never seen this stamp before today! Perfection, from the first blended color, to the very beautiful gold embossed sentiment!
=]

Linda said...

Oh my gosh, Barb what a gorgeous sponged background to showcase your silhouette. Stunning card.

Trina P. said...

Ooh... the colours and blending is gorgeous. So unexpected with nativity-related images and I love it!

Cathy said...

Such a gorgeous card, I have this stamp too and must try blending the colours first then stamping, perfect! Cathy x

Karren said...

This is beautiful, Barb! Your ink-blended background looks so rich and vibrant - perfect with that silhouette image.