Wednesday, February 28, 2018

CAS(E) This Sketch #260



Hi there, blog friends! After seeing Chrissy Larson's fabulous sketch, I am happily playing along this week at CAS(E) This Sketch


This sketch was a great opportunity to use my new MFT sentiment die...I used Distress Oxide inks for the candle and colored the hippo, gift and party hat with Copic markers. I also embossed the background with a PTI cover plate to add texture and interest to the design.
  
That's it for me today ~ Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies:
Stamps: MFT - Happy Hippos
Dies: MFT - WISH die, Happy Hippos
Inks: Tim Holtz - Distress Oxide Inks
Misc: Copic Markers; PTI - Picnic Basket cover plate

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I am so hippo... I mean happy! to see this darling little party-goer in our CTS gallery, Barb!!! Hip, hippo, hurrah!!!
LOve that great big WISH, and his/her polka dotted party hat...
=]

Bobby said...

That hippo has been making the rounds and now he's here on your cute card, Barb. I love that the I in "wish" is a candle.

Betty said...

darling card, Barb - you designed with that great sentiment die fantastically!!

lostinpaper said...

looks like this hippo is making a very BIG wish!

m-h said...

So sweet! I love the big WISH and his little, red hat!

TK said...

This is awesome, Barb! I love that you used the big sentiment as center focal and that adorbs hippo!

Loll said...

Adorable!! Love the large die-cut sentiment ... the candle for the "i" is awesome, Barb. And your hippo is so cute! xx

Leigh Penner said...

This is adorable! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful take on the sketch Barb, that hippo is a sweetie. He is on my list of wants for sure.

Karren said...

Adorable! That hippo is just so cute and paired with the big "Wish" makes for a fabulous card!

Anita in France said...

So cute, Barb ... that little hippo is just adorable nestled under the 'wish' ... looks as though he's about to blow out that fabulous ombré, shimmery candle! Hugs, Anita :)