Tuesday, February 6, 2018

CASology Challenge - Butterfly


Hi there blog friends! In December, Jen from CASology chose my card as the winner for the cue card 'Gray', and today I am honored to be Guest Designer for the current challenge! The cue card this week is 'Butterfly', and oh, do I love playing with my butterfly stamps and dies :)


Here is my take on 'Butterfly' ~


Beautiful butterflies was one of my first stamp sets from PTI and I don't ink it up often enough. For this card, I decided to add the Fancy Flourishes in pastel pink to highlight the sentiment. I never seem to have a sympathy card on hand when I need it, so I took this opportunity to create this one for future use.

CASology is such a fun challenge...the DT girls are incredibly talented and the cue card is always thought provoking! If you have a chance, stop over there and check it out...I would love to see some of the butterflies you have tucked away in your stash :)

My sincere thanks to Jen for selecting my card and to Melissa for asking me to be the Guest Designer for this week's challenge ~
Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Beautiful Butterflies, Fancy Flourishes
Die: Mama Elephant - All Prettied Up
Ink: MFT - Cotton Candy, Frosty Pink, Versafine Onyx Black

17 comments:

Betty said...

love the way you used the flourish with your butterfly, Barb - very clever and creative! congrats on being the GD this week.

I Card Everyone said...

OH I have flutterbys! but couldn't even compare mine to this darling little pink one ... Barb, congratulations on winning the Grey challenge - you're both winners ALL of the time, in my view!
=]

Bobby said...

Your butterfly and flourish are so soft and soothing, Barb, and perfect for a sympathy card. It's funny but my PTI Beautiful Butterflies don't have this stamp in it. Maybe there are two with that name.

karen h said...

Beautiful card! Love the flourish - nice touch! Glad you could join us as a guest designer this week!

Loll said...

Your sympathy card is so beautiful Barb. Love the flourish with the butterfly, and perfect in the soft pink. Congrats on being a GD for CAS-ology!! xx

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful card Barb. The soft pink and caring sentiment make it a very thoughtful card.

nancy littrell said...

Such a soft, pretty and thoughtful card, Barb and will be much appreciated by the recipient. TFS Hugs

Darnell said...

Congrats on the win again, Barb, and the thrill of guest designing at CASology! I'm sure they are happy to have you on the team for this challenge! Your butterfly card is sensational and very inspirational for us, so thank you!! Hugs, Darnell

lostinpaper said...

You probably had trouble choosing which butterfly... is that right? lol. Gorgeous CAS design Barb!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Barb. Congrats on your guest spot.

Jen W. said...

So happy to have you as our guest designer, Barb! I love seeing your entries in the gallery every week - you have such awesome style! This card is no exception - a gorgeous and elegant sympathy card.

Cindy C. said...

Thank you Barb for sharing this beautiful inspiration!!

Anita in France said...

Congratulations on your GD spot with CASology, Barb ... you did them proud with this soft, delicate and dreamy butterfly ... a gorgeous CAS card with a fabulous sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

ElizStewart said...

Just stunning!

Karren said...

Congrats on your GD spot, Barb! So well-deserved. What a beautiful, soft and thoughtful card you've created. I absolutely love it!

donna mikasa said...

Congrats on guesting for CASology, Barb! LOVE your interpretation of the cue word--the butterfly trails are so pretty!

Kay Miller said...

Oh I love sentiments stamped over the design! This is pure perfection Barb! SO pretty!!