Saturday, February 10, 2018

February CAS Watercolor Challenge - Heart


Hi there ~ I've been in my craft room most of this week, and I'm finally able to share a card I created for one of my favorite challenges: CAS Watercolor Challenge


I started by die cutting the peek-a-boo heart directly to a white panel and adding the watercolored strips. I used my Koi watercolors for the heart and die cut sentiment, then embossed the stamped sentiment with Hero Arts white EP. A few gems and stitched border, and this card was complete!

Be sure to check out the CAS Watercolor Challenge...Bonnie is the challenge host, and the team has created some really gorgeous cards!
Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies:
Dies: MFT - Peek-a-Boo Striped Die; SSS - All My Love (Laura Bassen) Love die; MFT - Blueprints 15
Stamps: SSS - All My Love
Misc: Koi Watercolors; Hero Arts White EP; Little Things by Lucy's Cards (Ice Cube Mix)

14 comments:

Betty said...

lovely - you did a perfect job on those watercolour stripes - i would probably really messed them up!!

Karren said...

Gorgeous! I particularly love the way you've got the black sentiment coming out from the loop in the "L" - so clever!

lostinpaper said...

Gorgeous and so 'neat' I always get watercolour everywhere!

nancy littrell said...

What a fun striped heart for your die cut Love and stamped sentiment. TFS Barb and joining us at CAS Watercolour. Hugs

Loll said...

Your striped, watercoloured heart is so pretty Barb!! Love how the sentiment banner tucks right into the die-cut LOVE. Great design!! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done, so much wonderful texture and yet it is still soft and feminine.

Cindy C. said...

Nicely done Barb. It's contemporary and yet soft and pretty!

Dawn T said...

So beautiful Barb. Such an elegant card

Anita in France said...

Delectable, Barb ... those yummy soft pink stripes are so pretty ... as is the scripty love ... clever touch nestling the secondary sentiment banner right into the L! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

Pretty little peed-a-boo of pink! and you are so right about that LOVE from LB, Barb... well done, my friend! LOve-able!
=]

Bobby said...

So soft and pretty, Barb.

Bonnie said...

Love these crisp, pink stripes on the heart, Barb! And the matching watercolor sentiment is the perfect match with the touches of black! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful pinks and love your inlaid die for the heart, I also love your sentiment sliding of the L. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour,

Kay Miller said...

So very pretty!! Looks like it was inlaid?? Beautiful design too!