Sunday, February 18, 2018

Muse Card Challenge #253

Hi there crafty friends ~ I'm adding a quick post today so I don't miss the deadline for one of my favorite challenge ~ Muse Card Challenge
Tracey is our Muse this week, and she is challenging us with this really cute card:


and, here is my card:


I couldn't wait to ink up this new MFT stamp set, but since the image was much smaller than Tracey's I flipped the layout. I blended Oxide inks to create the background and added splatters with water and diluted Copic Opaque White. I focused on Tracey's:
- Blue and Green blended background
- White sentiment on black

Thanks so much for stopping by,







Ingredients:
Stamps: MFT - Furever Friends
Dies: MFT - Furever Friends, Blueprints 15, Slanted Sentiment Strips
Ink: Versamark, Distress Oxide Inks - Broken China, Cracked Pistachio, Copic Opaque White
Misc: Stampendous White Embossing Powder


14 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Barb your background is lovely, isn't it fun to blend with the Oxide inks? Of course not to mention the Copic Opaque white, which was new to me this challenge. The dog and cat also is the mail to me are so adorable! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Muse this week!

Cat Craig said...

Oh that is darling Barb!

lostinpaper said...

Gorgeous Barb! Your background is prefect and those little critters look so very happy!

I Card Everyone said...

Barb, you and Tracey have both made such gorgeous backgrounds with those Oxide inks... I just can't make them work this way - either I'm using the wrong paper, or not holding my mouth right!
Adorably darling duo, alright...
=]

Robyn Oliver said...

OOH a lovely sweet card Barb, the sentiment is just perfect, great background too

TaeEun said...

The cuties are just adorable!!! It was so clever to flip the layout! Love the DOX background and white splatters!

Suzanne D. said...

Love the colors. I really need to purchase these colors. The blending is perfect. It looks airbrushed - you must do a youtube demo for us!

Kara Lynne said...

Wonderful CASE, Barb! That pup actually looks happy about the cat - lol!

Bobby said...

Wonderfully soft ink blending on your background, Barb, and those little pets are as cute as can be.

Aileen said...

Barb this card is so cute I love it. Total winner in my books.

Quillish said...

I loved your interpretation of Tracey's muse. It's adorable!

Anita in France said...

What a gorgeous soft, velvety background, Barb ... perfect for those sweet snuggling critters ... so cute! Hugs, Anita :)

Karren said...

This is just the cutest! Soft and sweet background and adorable little critters.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Beautiful blended background and such a sweet image.
I have only just discovered you can buy Copic white,
and it's at the top of my 'to buy' list.
xxx